Dream Chaser Opening Sequence

Tuesday 6 March 2012

Evaluation 7:


Looking back at my preliminary task I believe that I have improved in many different areas and learnt many new techniques. I think that one area I have learnt about and improved in is my performance camera recording skills. During the basic preliminary I wasn’t very clear on the different angle and shots which now throughout my production of my new thriller opening I have understood and learnt many different camera angles and shots. I believe that during the production of the thriller opening, I have gained of experience of how to perform on camera, I am more confident with recording now.

My skills with the camera also, in my opinion, hugely progressed between the preliminary task and the final thriller opening. During the preliminary task my camera work was poor and my handheld work with the camera was shaky and unreliable. However, mainly due to quite a high amount of practice during the making of the final product, my camera work improved quite dramatically and I was now able to also hold a camera steady as a handheld for a long amount of time and this was especially important as a number of the closing camera shots involved me using the camera handheld.

I have also improved more confidence with working together as a team as I have learnt a lot about the importance of working well as a group to achieve the best outcome. During a small task like the preliminary a lot of planning and research wasn’t needed, whereas on the final product of the thriller video, a lot of planning and research was needed as a group to get across what we all wanted as a team. It was much more important that we worked well as a group and broke up separate tasks and jobs accordingly between members of my group. As the planning of the film was made by our group, I have learnt that it is vital to split up planning jobs amongst members of the group with jobs such as the shot list, writing the storyboards, planning and research. I have also learnt a great amount about working together during the shoot and sharing different ideas of different camera shots.

I have also learnt that the audience feedbacks were very important in the production of my thriller opening sequence as it shows what the audience like and dislike.  In my opinion, the feedback we have gained was very positive and few improvement feedbacks were given, so as a team we worked out to see what can be done to the final product to make it the best outcome. I believe that the audience were able to identify well with the characters and the film’s storyline and were able to understand the overall intentions of the film.

Finally, I believe that the most important thing I have learnt about film-making during this process is that you do need to have patience and a lot of practise, as the shots doesn’t always look as you want it to. A lot of different shots need to be done for whether to get the perfect shot. Also another important thing I have learnt is to always have extra shots of the locations, as it can be useful in the editing process.





No comments:

Post a Comment